Friday, May 01, 2009

Mom's latest Update ...

SHe's doing well, though was groggy since she wasn't on oxygen today. Off the blood thinners, tanking her up on antibiotics. Put a filter in to catch clots. took a big clot from her leg. Eating fine, though sick of pureed food. She managed to get a tuna-fish sandwich today. Dinner had some chopped green beans. They are thinking of sending her home tomorrow or Sunday. I'm hoping for Sunday, because the service can get a nurse and aide to come out on monday.

I have to go down to the Oil Co. and fight with them, mom had signed a plan last August when fuel was skyrocketing for $4.599 a gallon over the winter, which she was charged, but this last delivery exhausted that money, and the remainder of the fill was still charged at $4.599. The gallons once the plan money was expended should be the current rate around $2.40-2.50. Luckily, there are several others now that supply the town. One should really think twice about screwing a customer of over 40 years.

I added some oil to the car, I need to do a change on the oil and the plugs. It'll either be early monday if I'm lucky or next weekend according to the weather. It's going to be a wet week, and not in a good way. At least the grass is cut. I also managed to jam some wood under my thumbnail while pulling vines.

I borrowed Sweeny Todd and Superhero Movie, haven't gotten to them yet. Picked up Collateral Damage for $3. I think I got ripped off. I'll post on that later. I think I'll walk the dog for the night now.

No comments: