Monday, July 27, 2009

Human Trafficing in the real world.

An old friend called me a few hours ago. A person she knows, who was a friend of a person she knew who died, was talking with her. Apparently he's out of work. So he hooked up with a pimp in a major city. He's going to go to an Asian country, marry a minor, bring her to the pimp, and sell her to him for $30,000 or so dollars. He was asking my friend about how difficult it might be to get a divorce. Needless to say, my friend freaked out and called me to ask if it was okay to rat him out.

My answer was a resounding "YES!". The friend going to talk with the police. I really hate these scum-buckets. So, next time someone says "That only happens in the movies or on TV." You can be assured that it really happens in real life too. Real life is as strange and fucked up, or more so, than fiction.

I'll let you all know how it turns out later. I'm obviously being scant on details to prevent said persons from knowing before police intervention.

No comments: